Opening hours: Mon - Fri | 8:30 - 4:30
Your Basket Your Wishlist (0 items)
For expert advice call 01759 307 262

Cleaning stubborn marks off a ceramic kitchen sink

It's been almost 20 years since we first started supplying customers with ceramic kitchen sinks and our inspection process has never changed.  We carefully open and inspect every sink before it's packaged up and sent to the customer.

I wouldn't say we have seen everything, but, with thousands of ceramic sinks being inspected, we must have seen most things, including chips, cracks, faulty glaze, unevenness, pin pricks, wobbly sides, irregular waste holes, missing overflows and small marks!

So 99% of the time you can be assured the product is free from any marks.  That leaves just 1% when we may have missed a small mark where something has rubbed against the sink and it seems like it's there to stay, no matter how hard you rub!

Well here is the best way we have found to clean the mark off:

  1. How to clean marks off a cermic kitchen sinkGet a slightly damp cloth.
  2. Dispense some Barkeepers' Friend powder cleaner (or similar) onto the cloth.
  3. Rub the mark with all your strength, with as much pressure as possible.  Don't worry, you will not damage the glaze on the sink - you are more likely to remove your fingerprint first!
  4. The stubborn mark should be gone!

You will find that certain pots, pans and baking trays can leave black marks on a ceramic sink.  You can use the above method to remove any stubborn marks.  Barkeepers' Friend is the ideal product, as it can also be used for many different tasks around the house.  One of our favourite examples is that of a member of staff who has two small children who play football against a white UPVC garage door.  It was covered in scuff marks that seemed impossible to remove! That was until he tried Barkeepers' Friend - no more marks!!

Back to articles
By continuing to browse this website you agree to our use of cookiesAccept